September 3, 2010

Day Four of a Painting Count Down



Black and grey with pink and red have always been favorite color combinations of mine. For the fourth day of my countdown to our exhibition and the fourth day of the Puma paintings (see previous blog entries to find out what they are for - Ah! I knew I would start getting lazy) I am featuring these colors. I saw this long pink barn with the black roof and the black tire in the area of Blackville, South Carolina. This painting is a smaller version of a larger one also in the upcoming exhibition.

I have two people to thank for my series of small works on panels, Alicia Leeke, for supplying the small frames through her Artist’s Round Table organization, and Stephen Chesley, for cutting numerous masonite panels and even priming them for me. Thank you friends!

No comments: