July 30, 2013

Colorful Bovines

A yellow bull. A red goat. This is my second drawing using exotic colors in a landscape with animals. I am satisfied with the results although it is somehow not quite up to my vision of what the drawing would be. Unlike my previous drawing of the lavender bull, the yellow bull was not inspired by any particular colorful experience of the natural world or the world of art. I just wanted a companion piece to the first drawing. Since I had just finished two black and white drawings of cows and bulls I felt like the color cows must be a set of two as well.




In turning back to figurative drawings in black and white I find that I miss these color animals and may have to go out to the countryside to obtain more examples. There certainly are plenty here in Orangeburg and neighboring counties in South Carolina.

No comments: