May 11, 2015

From Hand to Foot

For my last revised detail picture for my illustrated book of women monsters, I decided to switch from hands to feet. Again, this was not my idea but came about from my graphic designer’s pointing out that in the case of this illustration for the poem Mother Puffer, the feet were more interesting than the hands. As with any exception to the rule, this illustration will be placed at the end of the book. Hand, hand, hand, then foot.

When revising the details in this drawing,
 I made the barbs in the background even more pointy and treacherous looking. What were dots in the original became small triangles in the revised version of the poem. I felt that this was more in keeping with the general tenor of the poem. The complete illustration is above and the revised detail at right.

No comments: