April 29, 2015

Handiwork

Yesterday saw more work on illustration revisions. My next focus was on the detail portion of the drawing for the poem Princess Bound. In keeping with the theme of hands, my graphic designer suggested a cut out portion for the blank page that focused on the subjects locks of hair tipped with small hands. In the original drawing, the hands were tiny black silhouettes. Once again, when enlarged, these hands became somewhat amorphous. So I redrew the enlarged portion and made the hands inclined towards natural positions and gave them more resolved details.

I was going to ask for people to lend their hands as models for this drawing, but striking the image button on Google brought up a rich resource of hands in various positions. Sitting at my computer, I simply adapted these into my drawing. The entire drawing is reproduced above with the revised detail
at right.

No comments: