April 2, 2014

Small Works/Big Undertaking and a Grant from the South Carolina State Arts Commission

My recent exhibition of Small Works was taken down yesterday, packed up and delivered. Many thanks are due to Lee Malerich and her husband Glenn for hanging the exhibition and for packing it up again in short order. I am also very grateful to Beth Thomas for all her help with this exhibition and to Julia Quick for gratuitously providing the live music for my opening exhibition. I would also like to thank the South Carolina State Arts Commission for supplying matching funds for this exhibition. It really came in handy and added that official stamp of approval that went beyond the cash award. Headquartered in Columbia, S.C., the Arts Commission is funded by the state of South Carolina and by the federal government through the National Endowment for the Arts.

I’ve pictured at right my ocarina made from local clay and pit fired

No comments: