May 19, 2013

Mother's Day

Now that ocarinas are polished and tuned, and my paper mosaics are brightened and pressed, I’ve turned once again to drawing for a while. I just finished a drawing of a mother and child in time for Mother’s Day. This is in my highly detailed miniature style. I used a variety of pencils for a range of tonalities.


Today is a good day to reflect upon my mothers and what they meant to me. I say mothers because I was blessed with two mothers: who shaped my formative years, and my mother-in-law, who was my mentor, dear friend and second mother throughout the greater part of my adult life. My mother-in-law always referred to me as her second daughter - an honor indeed. I am a motherless child now, but grateful for the years of motherly companionship that I had.

No comments: